The Master of Theology is a 1.5 year full time degree (based on a trimester system) or part time equivalent award.
The Master of Theology (MTh) is an AQF Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework).
The course is intended for graduates of a relevant Bachelor or Master degree as per the admissions requirements below. The three specialisations and related electives allow the student to engage in advanced critical analysis and application of theory and practice associated with Bible, Theology and Ministry within the contemporary contexts of teaching, pastoral ministry, Christian research and leadership.
1.5 years full-time, or part-time equivalent
Study theology, Bible, and ministry
12 subjects, Multiple Majors offered
Available in-class, virtual or online
The Master of Theology is for students wanting to fully immerse themselves in Biblical studies.
Course ID: CRS1401345
CRICOS Course Code: 111954D
Course Level: Postgraduate
Number of Subject: 12
Fees: Up-front and FEE-HELP
Scholarships Available: No
Course taught at 29 George Street Burwood NSW 2134
Modes of Delivery
In-class, virtual or online
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Theology, a Bachelor of Ministry or Master of Arts (Theology), Master of Leadership Practice, Master of Divinity or an equivalent theological award.
- Plus 12cp in a Biblical language subject for a Biblical Studies specialisation.
- If a student has not completed a 12cp (2 trimesters) in a Biblical language subject in their entry qualification, it will be mandatory for them to complete the subject as part of their MTh before enrolling for their Research Essay or any other subject that has Biblical languages as a pre-requisite.
- If a student has completed a 12cp Biblical language subject (Greek or Hebrew) prior to entry in the Master of Theology, it is recommended that they complete the other biblical language subject (12cp) as part of the MTh
- English Proficiency
- Applicants whose entry qualifications were obtained in an institution where English is not the language of instruction normally require a minimum IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking
- 1.5 years full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Must be completed within 4.5 years
- Generally 12 hours per week per subject is required to do well, which includes lectures, readings and assignments.