In the Diploma of Theology course, students will study through 8 introduction subjects, covering the basics of reading and interpreting the Bible, as well as relating what you’ve learned to serving more efficiently in your current situation.
Two trimesters full-time study, or part-time equivalent
Study theology, Bible, and ministry
The Diploma of Theology is for students who want introduce themselves to academic study and want something shorter.
Course ID: CRS1400321
Course Level: Undergraduate
Number of Subject: 8
Total Credit Points: 48
Fees: Up-front and FEE-HELP
Scholarships Available: Yes
Modes of Delivery
In-class, virtual or online
- Satisfactory completion of Year 12 Higher School Certificate with an ATAR result of no less than 60.
- Mature age (aged 20 and over) entry into undergraduate courses.
- Portfolio entry is open to school leavers. Portfolio entry is ideal if you are a:
- school leaver who is not eligible for an ATAR
- non-school leaver electing portfolio entry or who did not qualify through another pathway.
- 2 trimesters full-time study, or part-time equivalent
- Must be completed within 3 years
- Generally 6 hours per week per subject is required to do well, which includes lectures, readings and assignments.
Suggested Subject Progression
Critical Thinking and Writing Skills
Old Testament Introduction
New Testament Introduction
Introduction to Christian Theology
Biblical Interpretation: Theory and Practice
Spiritual Foundations for Christian Life
Global Missions or Ministry Practicum